27 August 2018

Welcome home! Here's some flu.

We've been home for two weekends and the interposing week. The old routine has settle in relatively easily, like the winter jacket you've had for years after a summer in short sleeves.

Heading down the ramp from the warehouse at the airport, free and clear at home in Kansas City!
The Monday after we got back, the bikes arrived, and on the way up to the airport to pick them up, I noticed a tickle in the back of my throat. By Tuesday, my whole back locked up with muscle aches and my breathing narrowed over the next day to the point that I elected to take Dayquil just to properly enjoy juggling club Wednesday evening. I'm not much of a medicine take, particularly when it comes to creature comfort, so that's saying something. There was plenty to catch up with at work, so I struggled through the foggy brain, striving not to breath on anyone or anything. Lots of extra naps this week, and Friday morning the fever finally broke, though respiration was still thick and heavy, clearing slowly over the weekend.

Back to about 90% this morning, I'd say, and happy to be on the road to recovery.

Nick has begun work on a presentation about the trip, particularly targeting our KCJC camp-out, Schmest, which will take place next weekend. Sarah and Nadine did a marvelous job setting it up and keeping it a secret from us until revealing it through a treasure hunt this past Friday evening. I was still pretty groggy with malady, but it was fun to celebrate our journey with them. In addition to the presentation, I'm looking forward to getting back to organizing photos and videos from the trip, and reflecting on the past 3-4 months as I do.

The array of souvenirs at home. Not much space on the bikes, so souvenir shopping was very limited.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are recovering from your malady. Sounds like it was a bad one. Looking forward to seeing your slides and hearing more of your stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, it was pretty rough there for a few days. Feeling much better now, though!

      Delete