04 February 2018

Slick


Well, when I felt the chilly temperature this morning (19°F), I got all excited about trying out my newly-wired heated gear. Snow started to fall shortly after 10, though, on the walk back to Sarah's place after getting coffee in the City Market. By the time I got on the road to head home, there was over a half inch of accumulation on the roads. I was still tentatively thinking about taking the bike out until I got to the south end of Hwy 71. The rest of the way home was slick enough on 4 wheels that I have no hankering to try it on 2.

Snow accumulation on my car after being home only 5 min.

The hill up to my house was barely passable for the VW. It's days like these that I miss the AWD on the ol' Subaru.

These are my main concerns with the sections of our trip in AK and southern South America. I've dealt with cold weather -- both camping and motorcycling -- but have had a major aversion to any ice or snow when motorcycling. And yet, I see videos of ADV riders out in it. Got to be some technique I'm missing...



But the snow is certainly settling beautifully in my backyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment