09 April 2018

Seat re-covered!

Sweet mama, check that thing out!


That’s the seat for the ol’ V-Strom. It was getting to look a bit worn, and it had developed a busted seam, letting water into the foam when it rained.


I wasn’t looking forward to 20,000 more miles on that thing and was looking at repair options when Sarah swooped in a gave me an awesome birthday present: refurbishing the seat through a friend at work. When I dropped the bike off for a tune up at Reno’s, I brought the seat home and delivered it to her. She presented it to her co-worker, who spent about a week with it. When it came back to me, the bones were the same, but the leather is all new and looks excellent! Can’t wait to get the bike back and feel the cush under my tush!

Speaking of cush for the tush, now I need to sort out how I'm going to affix the Portable Purple® Cushion I got back in October for ultimate comfort!

 

2 comments: