30 April 2018

The bikes are gone!

He has our babies!





The window for the pickup started last week but I had to be out of town.  I packed my bike and left it at Ryan's so he could load it on my behalf.  

However, the pickup wasn't made until yesterday.  Nadine and I loaded the bikes on Ryan's behalf because he was out of town.  


My bike was easy, I just rode it right up the ramp and we strapped it down. 

Ryan's bike was a different story. 

I don't think I've ever sat on it before and I was really surprised by the way my legs dangled like a little kid's.  Between the height of the seat and the width of the seat I was too short to comfortably maneuver the bike.

Nadine and I ended up walking it under power together to the back of the trailer.  We tried to walk it up the ramp too but it was very precarious because we had to not run into my bike while also not dropping Ryan's bike or falling off of the ramp ourselves.  There was no way this was going to work.

We tried to see if Ryan's neighbor was home and able to help, but he wasn't and we were at a total loss as to what to do. 

The truck driver had a come along winch that we ultimately used to pull the bike up the ramp while Nadine and I kept it from falling over.

The whole process took about 90 minutes.  The truck driver was super nice and very helpful. 

I can't wait to see him in Anchorage!

Success!


No comments:

Post a Comment