16 May 2018

Killing time in Fairbanks

Trying to make the most of my time in Fairbanks.  It's a cute place, but it's small and I'd rather be on the road again.

While Ryan made his jaunt to the Arctic circle I visited the pipeline viewpoint to learn more about it.  It's a fascinating project.



I took myself on a driving tour of Fairbanks, which didn't take too long, and then I did some geocaching...

And some pokemoning...


And then that evening, Ryan and I had dinner at the Chatanika Lodge...





The town is covered with skiing/hiking trails and that's where I've been spending a lot of my time now.  








Next we checked out the Museum of the North.  It had a lot of very interesting history about Alaska.




And the Large Animal Research Station had some musk ox to view.


Out on another hike, some dude came by and left me a bag of meat...



Then off to North Pole where I met Santa.

In the evening Ryan and I checked out Hoarfrost Distillery where we were given a tour by guy so drink he couldn't keep his train of thought and kept apologizing for it.  It was hard not to laugh at him but the vodka they make is really very good.



I want to say that dinner was at a dive bar but this is pretty consistent looking for all Fairbanks establishments.


On what is hopefully the last night in Fairbanks, we had dinner at Silver Gulch Brewery.

Just got the call that the bike is ready, so on the road we go again!

2 comments: